The Greenville Civil Service Commission will receive applications to create an eligibility list for the position of Part-Time Firefighter.
Applicants must meet the following minimum qualifications to be eligible to take the civil service test:
1. Must be a United States Citizen.
2. Must be a high school graduate or GED equivalent.
3. Must possess valid Pennsylvania automotive vehicle operator’s license.
4. Must be physically and mentally fit to perform the full duties of a Firefighter.
Applicants must meet the following qualifications at the time of hire:
5. Must be twenty-one (21) years of age.
6. Must have current certifications in Pennsylvania EMT, Firefighter 1 and hazmat operations.
7. Pass written, physical agility, medical, and oral examinations.
8. Pass criminal and driving background check and drug test.
9. Vision must be not more than 20/40 uncorrected.
The physical agility test will be given on March 2, 2019 at the Greenville Fire Department located at 111 East Avenue, Greenville, PA 16125 at 9:00 am.
Applications are available online at www.greenvilleborough.com. Applications must be returned by 3:00 pm on Thursday, February 20, 2019 to the Administrative Assistant located on the second floor at 125 Main Street, Greenville, PA 16125. A $30.00 processing fee payable to the Borough of Greenville must accompany the application.
The Borough of Greenville does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital, veteran, or, in compliance with Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended, handicap status.
Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind work assignments as needed. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Jasson W. Urey